AHSEC - Previous Year's Question Papers
Banking - 2016
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. Answer as directed: 1x8=8
a) Which is the first Development Bank established in India?
b) What is primary market?
c) In which year fourteen Indian commercial banks were nationalized?
d) What do you mean by scheduled bank?
e) Capital market is the market for long-term fund. (State whether True or False)
f) Write the full form of MMMF.
g) A collecting banker can claim statutory protection only in the case of ____ cheque. (Fill up the blank)
h) What is statutory liquidity ratio?
2. Name two departments of the Reserve Bank of India. 2
3. What is the meaning of cash credit? 2
4. State the ‘minimum reserve system’ of note issue. 2
5. Who can cross a cheque? 2
6. Define endorsement. 2
7. State the meaning of Development Bank with example. 3
8. Briefly explain the utility services rendered by the commercial banks. 3
9. Write a brief note on capital market. 3
Write a short note on foreign exchange market. 3
10. Draw specimen of a blank cheque. 3