Full Marks: 100
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. Answer the following questions: 1x8=8
a) Name the head of Joint Hindu Family Business.
b) In which business organization there is separation of ownership and management?
c) Which document is called a charter of the company?
d) Name the partner whose association with the firm is not known to the general public.
e) Name the company formed as a result of partnership between two companies.
f) Give one example of chain store.
g) As per SEBI guidelines, what is the minimum subscription that a company must receive before issue of shares?
h) Name two sources of funds under owner’s fund.
2. What is a prospectus? 2
3. Give the meaning of business ethics. 2
4. What do you understand by letter of credit? 2
5. Mention two characteristics of statutory corporation. 2
6. What is global enterprise? 2
7. State any three features of sole proprietorship business. 3
8. Explain the social responsibilities of a business towards the environment. 3
9. Mention the non-economic objectives of business. 3
10. Explain ‘Inter-Corporate deposit’ as a source of finance. 3
11. State three functions of a promoter. 3
12. Discuss five advantages of e-business. 5
13. Explain five principles of insurance. 5
14. Discuss the modes of dissolution of partnership business. 5
Explain the basic features of services. 5
15. Briefly explain the problems of International business. 5
16. Distinguish between shares and debentures. 5
17. Explain any five factors to be considered for choice of form of business enterprise. 5
18. Discuss the functions of a retailer. 5
19. What is a partnership deed? Explain the contents of a partnership deed? 2+6=8
Describe the steps involved in promotion of a company. 8
20. Discuss the arguments in favour and against social responsibilities of business. 4+4=8
What is a Memorandum of Association? State the contents of Memorandum of Association. 2+6=8
21. What are the different types of co-operative societies? Discuss. 8
What is debenture? State the merits and demerits of debenture as a source of finance. 2+6=8
22. Define small-scale industry. Explain the problems faced by small-scale industries. 2+6=8
What is a departmental store? Discuss its advantages and disadvantages. 2+3+3=8