AHSEC – Banking Previous year’s Question papers
Banking - 2012
1. Answer as directed: 1x10=10
a) In which year fourteen Indian commercial banks were nationalized?
b) What do you mean by scheduled bank?
c) Define Hundi.
d) The Reserve Bank of India was established in the year ____ (Fill in the gap)
e) NABARD was established in the year 1982/1985/1987. (Choose the correct year)
f) Write the full form of IFCI.
g) What is post-dated cheque?
h) Money market is the market for short-term funds. (State whether True or False)
i) Lead Bank scheme was introduced in the year ____ (Fill in the gap)
j) What is foreign exchange market?
2. What is bank rate? 2
3. Give two examples of public sector bank. 2
4. Who can cross a cheque? 2
5. Name any two departments of the Reserve Bank of India. 2
6. State any two functions of stock exchange. 2
7. State the meaning of Development Bank. 2
8. Write a short note on Presidency Bank. 3
9. What are the essentials of valid endorsement? 3
10. Write a short note on Mortgage. 3
12. Explain the meaning of ‘Non-Banking Financial Institution’ with illustration. 3
13. What are the advantages of branch banking system? 3
14. Draw specimens of different types of crossing of cheque. 3
15. Explain General Utility Services of a Bank. 3
16. Discuss briefly what is meant by ‘Payment is due course’. 5
17. Give an account of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development. 5
18. Discuss the principles followed by the commercial banks in granting loans and advances. 5
19. What are the differences between Money Market and Capital Market? 5
20. Briefly mention the duties and responsibilities of a collecting banker. 5
21. Discuss about the institutions participating in the Indian Money Market. 5
22. (a) Give the meaning of liquidity. State the factors that affect cash reserve of commercial bank. 2+6=8
(b) Explain the term ‘cash reserve’ and ‘cash credit’.
23. What are the different forms of crossing? Explain the significance of general crossing and special crossing. 2+6=8
24. (a) Explain briefly about the different credit control techniques adopted by the RBI. 8
(b) Write a brief note on the State Bank of India. 8