Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. Answer the following questions as directed:
a) Mention one of the objectives of Business Planning. 1
b) The chief goal of entrepreneurship is field study/pilot study/to establish an enterprise. (Choose the correct answer) 1
c) Creation, innovation and ____ are three foundations of entrepreneurship development (Fill in the blank) 1
d) Write the full forms of NEITCO and SISIs. 2
e) Mention an adverse impact of globalization on the Indian economy. 1
f) There is no difference between ‘entrepreneurship’ and intrapreneurship’. (Write True or False) 1
g) Name Joseph A. Schumpeter’s theory of entrepreneurship. 1
2. Write short notes on the following: 4x4=16
a) Prospects of rural entrepreneurship.
b) Entrepreneurial behaviour.
c) Problems of women entrepreneurs.
d) Role of entrepreneurship in economic development.
3. (a) Define the term ‘entrepreneur’. Explain the functions of an entrepreneur. 4+10=14
(b) Distinguish between: 7+7=14
i. Entrepreneur and Manager.
ii. Entrepreneur and Entrepreneurship.
4. (a) Discuss the concept of ‘micro, small and medium’ enterprises. Explain its role in the economy of North-Eastern region. 2+2+2+8=14
(b) What do you mean by ‘Entrepreneurship Development Programme’? Explain its objectives. 4+10=14
5. (a) Discuss the role played by the District Industrial Centre (DIC) in the economic development of Assam. 14
(b) Describe the role of Khadi and Village Industries Board in rural development of Assam. 14
6. (a) Discuss the various steps taken in establishing a new business unit. 14
(b) Write an explanatory note on ‘venture capital and its sources’. 14