Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. Fill in the blanks: 1x8=8
a) In service mix a hotel is an example of ____ service.
b) ‘DINK’ is a reason for growth of services. The full form of ‘DINK’ is ____.
c) In insurance sector, the price is called ____.
d) The phrase ‘Marketing Mix’ was first used by ____.
e) The pricing strategy in which payment is to be made only after the results are achieved is called ____ pricing.
f) In gap model, the gap between expected service and perceived service is considered as gap no. ____.
g) In SWOT, opportunities and threats are ____ factors.
h) A service is an act or ____ offered by one party to another.
2. Write short notes on any four of the following: 4x4=16
a) Service marketing triangle.
b) Customer perception.
e) Expanded marketing mix.
3. (a) Discuss the origin and growth of service marketing. 3+8=11
(b) Enumerate the factors of macro- and micro-environment for marketing of services. 6+5=11
4. (a) Discuss the nature and determinants of customer’s expectation of services. 5+6=11
(b) What is service expectation? Explain various types of customer’s expectations of services. 3+8=11
5. (a) Discuss the causes behind service quality problems. 11
(b) Define Branding. Discuss the role of Branding and Packaging in service marketing. 3+4+4=11
6. (a) What do you mean by Physical Evidence? Discuss in detail with reference to Hospitality services. 5 ½ +5 ½ =11
(b) Write the meaning and objectives of positioning in service marketing. Mention different steps of positioning services. 6+5=11
7. (a) What do you understand by marketing of educational services? Discuss the points which are significant in marketing educational services. 4+8=12
(b) What do you mean by banking? Explain about the criteria for segmentation for marketing of banking services. 4+8=12