Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. State whether the following statements are True or False: 1x8=8
a) Service purchase results in ownership of something physical.
b) In case of services, it is easy to achieve standardization.
c) The price of consultancy services is fee.
d) The instrument SERVQUAL is related to market survey.
e) Discrepancy between delivered service and what is communicated about the service to consumers is known as service promotion gap.
f) Services are rendered only for profit.
g) If a person purchases a service, his/her participation is a must.
h) Books, pens, etc. are the examples of pure goods.
2. Write short notes on any four of the following: 4x4=16
a) Growth of services.
b) After-sale services.
c) Positioning of services.
d) Pricing of services.
e) Marketing of educational services.
3. (a) Define services. What are the characteristics of services? 4+7=11
(b) Define product. Distinguish between Goods and Services. 4+7=11
4. (a) What do you mean by customer behavior? Explain various stages which are involved in customer decision-making process towards services. 4+7=11
(b) What is customer perception? Explain various factors which influence customer perception towards different services. 4+7=11
5. (a) Define quality. Explain various perspectives of quality in services. 4+7=11
(b) Explain the meaning of advertising. What are the roles of advertising and packaging in service sector business? 3+4+4=11
6. (a) Write the features of new services. Explain various stages of new service development process. 4+7=11
(b) What do you mean by expanded marketing mix? What are the elements of expanded marketing mix? 4+7=11
7. (a) What are the bases for segmentation of hospitality? Discuss about physical evidence of hospitality industry. 5+7=12
(b) What is financial service? Discuss the marketing mix decisions of financial services. 4+8=12