Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. (a) State whether the following statements are True or False: 1x4=4
1) Consumer behaviour is the reaction of individuals in obtaining and using goods and services.
2) Acquired buying motives are inborn motives.
3) Cultural values keep on changing through the passage of time.
4) Exposure is the first stage in the information search process.
(b) Choose the correct option: 1x4=4
1) The buying process starts with information search/need recognition.
2) Organization buying behaviour refers to decision making process in formal/informal organization.
3) If a person interacts on regular basis with other individuals, then these individuals can be considered as a primary/secondary group.
4) Marshall/Sigmund Freud was the first person to examine the role of economic factors on human behaviour.
2. Write short notes on any four of the following: 4x4=16
a) Consumer Involvement.
b) Participants in the Buying Process.
c) Role of Family in Consumer Behaviour.
d) Values and Consumer Behaviour Relationship.
e) Reference Groups.
3. (a) What is decision making? Explain the consumer decision making process. 4+7=11
(b) What do mean by consumer behaviour? How does it differ from consumption behaviour? 4+7=11
4. (a) Define need recognition. Discuss the factors influencing information search. 4+7=11
(b) What do you understand by buying motives? Classify different kinds of buying motive. 4+7=11
5. (a) Explain how culture and subculture influence the behaviour of consumers. 11
(b) Discuss, in detail, the impact of social class on consumer behaviour.
6. (a) Discuss the personal factors which influence the consumer behaviour. 11
(b) Explain the concept of personality and lifestyle in the context of consumer behaviour.
7. (a) Explain the procedure for consumer behaviour audit. 12
(b) What do you mean by organizational buying behaviour? Explain its features. 4+8=12