Time: 3 hours
(Indian banking system)
Full Marks: 80
Pass marks: 32
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. Fill in the blanks: 1x4=4
(a) RBI was nationalized in the year _____.
(b) NEFT stands for _____.
(c) The largest shareholder of a nationalized bank is _____.
(d) Any Indian citizen above the age of _____ years is eligible to open a bank account under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
2. Write true or false : 1x4=4
(a) Banking services delivered to a customer by means of computer control system that does not directly involve bank branch is called ‘virtual banking’.
(b) KYC does not include obtaining address proof.
(c) One important characteristic of unit banking is limited resources.
(d) Capital market is regulated by RBI.
3. Write short notes on (any four) : 4x4=16
(a) Relationship Banking.
(c) Phone Banking.
(d) Secured Loan
(e) Bridge Loan
(f) Credit-Deposit Ratio.
4. (a) Discuss about the evolution of banking system in India. 11
(b) Describe the kind of business of banking company many engage as provided in the Banking Regulation Act. 11
5. (a) Explain the merits and demerits of branch banking system. 6+6=12
(b) Distinguish between: 6+6=12
(i) Commercial Bank vs. Development Bank.
(ii) Public Sector Bank vs. Private Sector Bank.
6. (a) Describe the principles of sound investment policy usually followed by banks. 11
(b) What do you mean by bank nationalization? Discuss the arguments for and against nationalization of banks in India. 3+8=11
7. (a) What is money market? Discuss the importance of money market in Indian economy.
(b) Explain briefly the current development in the Indian capital market. 11
8. (a) Define E-banking. Explain the advantages and limitations of E-banking. 11
(b) Explain the following: 6+5=11
(i) Revolving credit
(ii) Retail banking.