(Small Business Management)
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. (a) Write True or False: 1x4=4
a. Most of the small-scale enterprises depend upon outdated technology.
b. Investment is plant and machinery in small-scale units has not been limited by the Government Policy on Small-scale Sector, 1991.
c. SIDO is the apex body in the country for promotion of small-scale industries.
d. Directorate of Industries in the State level apex body for promotion of small-scale industries.
(b) Write the full form of the following: 1x4=4
2. Write short notes on (any four): 4x4=16
(a) Plant layout
(b) Product design.
(c) Quality control
(d) Plant location
3. (a) Discuss the characteristics of small business enterprises and examine its role in Indian context. 7+7=14
(b) Examine the problems faced by the small scale industries in North-East India and suggest measures for their solution. 7+7=14
4. (a) Discuss the determinants of working capital in small business enterprise. 14
(b) Write a note on the sources of working capital for small-scale industries.
5. (a) Discuss the factors influencing the pricing decision in a small business enterprises. 14
(b) Examine the impact of pricing decisions in small business enterprises.
6. (a) Enumerate the factors leading to idle capacity. 14
(b) Examine the effects of capacity under utilization in a small business enterprise.