Time: 3 Hours
New course (Business Laws)
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 24
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. Write True or False: 1x8=8
a) Offer may be implied.
b) Acceptance may be conditional.
c) Agreement with a minor is void.
d) Consideration from stranger to contract is valid.
e) Money cannot be a subject matter of sale under the Sale of Goods Act 1930.
f) Breach of warrantees by one party entitles the other party to repudiate the contract.
g) Share warrants are Negotiable Instruments.
h) A government hospital is considered as an industry under the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
2. Write short notes on (any four): 4x4=16
a) Capacity of parties
b) Free consent
c) Caveat emptor
d) Hire purchase
f) Promissory note
3. (a) Explain the term ‘contract’. Discuss the essential elements of a valid contract. 4+14=14
(b) Discuss the various modes of discharge of contracts. 14
4. (a) Define Condition Explain the implied conditions in a contract of sale of goods. 2+12
(b) Discuss the silence features of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986. 14
5. (a) Explain the term ‘crossing a cheque’. Discuss the various types of crossing. 4+10=14
(b) Define Negotiable Instruments and describe its characteristics. 4+10=14
6. (a) Discuss the terms: 7+7=14
(i) Public Utility Services
(ii) Industrial Dispute
(b) Define Strike and Lockout. Discuss the general prohibitions on strike and lockout. 3+3+8=14
Old Course (Business Regulatory Framework)
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
1. Find out the right answers: 1x8=8
a) The Indian Contract Act was passed in 1872/1772.
b) Void agreements and void contracts are same/not same.
c) An unpaid seller obtains/not obtains right against buyer.
d) To execute a contract of sale, price is essential/non-essential element.
e) The Negotiable Instruments Act of India is applicable from 1881/1981.
f) A sale is an executor contract. (Yes/No)
g) The Consumer Protection Act was passed in 1976/1986.
h) The maximum age limit of a member of district forum is 67/65 years.
2. Write short notes on (any four): 4X4=16
a) Illegal Agreements
b) Future goods
c) Crossed Cheque
3. (a) “A contract is an agreement enforceable by law.” Explain. 11
(b) Discuss the various modes of discharge of a contract.
4. (a) Explain the essential elements of the Sale of Goods Act, 1930.
(b) Describe the rights of an unpaid seller under the Sale of Goods Act, 1930.
5. (a) Discuss in detail the difference between cheque an bills of exchange. 11
(b) Discuss in detail the characteristics of Negotiable instruments.
6. (a) Describe National Commission and its composition. 4+8=12
(b) Explain the procedure of filing a complaint under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986. 12
7. (a) Explain the obligations of exporter of goods and services under the FEMA, 2000. 11
(b) Write in short: 6+5=11
(i) Export of goods and services
(ii) Current Account transactions