(Principles of Marketing)
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. Answer as directed: 1x8=8
(a) Mention one of the branches of marketing management.
(b) Mention one difference between macro-marketing and micromarketing.
(c) Marketing begins and ends with the ____. (Fill in the blank)
(d) Write one of differences between ‘marketing’ and ‘selling’.
(e) What type of relationship exists between a customer and a retailer? (Choose the correct one)
(f) State one of the disadvantages of market segmentation.
(g) Registration of Trade Mark is compulsory. (Write True or False)
(h) All publicity is advertising. (Write True or False)
2. Write short notes on: 4x4=16
a) Marketing environment
b) 4 P’s of marketing mix
c) Importance of branding
3. (a) Discuss the nature and scope of marketing.
(b) Distinguish between the traditional and modern concepts of marketing. 11
4. (a) What do you mean by consumer’s behavior? Explain its significance in marketing. 4+7=11
(b) Discuss the bases for market segmentation.
5. (a) What is meant by packaging? Describe if brief the important functions in packaging products. 4+7=11
(b) What do you mean by product development? Discuss the various stages involved in the development of a new product. 4+7=11
6. (a) Discuss the concept of sales of promotion. Explain the various methods of sales promotion. 4+7=11
(b) Define price. How does pricing of a product influence its marketing? Discuss. 4+7=11
7. (a) Write a comparative note on the services rendered by the retailers and the wholesalers to the producers. 12
(b) Discuss the methods of inventory control mentioning their merits and demerits. 4+4+4=12