H.S. 2nd Year
Full Marks: 100
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. Answer as directed: 1x8=8
(a) In which year State Bank of India was established?
(b) Who issues one rupee notes?
(c) What do you mean by unit banking?
(d) Define promissory note.
(e) IMF was established in the year 1944 / 1945 / 1946 (choose the correct year)
(f) Write the full form of MMMFs.
(g) What is order cheque?
(h) Capital Market is the market for long term funds. (State whether true or false)
2. Give the meaning of Cash Reserve Ratio. 2
3. Name two private sector banks in India. 2
4. What do you mean by stock exchange? 2
5. What is Mutual Fund? 2
6. Who is a paying banker? 2
7. What are the different types of financial market? 3
8. Write short notes on hypothecation. 3
9. State any three differences between bill of exchange and Promissory Note. 3
10. State three objectives of Bank nationalisation in India. 3
11. Draw a specimen copy of bill of exchange. 3
12. Write a short note on Imperial Bank. 5
13. Discuss the main functions of Development Banks. 5
14. Briefly explain the agency services of a commercial bank. 5
15. Discuss about the institutions participating in India money market. 5
16. State five objectives of IMF. 5
17. Explain the circumstances under which a bank can dishonor cheque. 5
18. Discuss the principles of sound lending to be followed by commercial bank. 5
19. What is Negotiable Instrument? What are the essential characteristics of negotiable instrument? 2+6=8
20. Explain the traditional functions Reserve Bank of India. 8
21. What is Lead Bank Scheme? State the effects of this scheme. 8
22. Discuss the functions of Public Sector Bank in India. 8