Course No. 104: Business Environment
For B.Com General and Speciality Courses
Total Marks: 100 (End Sem 80 + IA 20)
Unit-I : Theoretical Frame Work: Concept, Signification and nature of business environment; Environmental scanning, Element of business environment- Internal and External; SWOT analysis- concept, Signification and teachnique, Changing dimension of business environment in India. 20 Marks
Unit-II : Economic environment: Significance and element of economic environment; Business cycle- concept phases and features. Economic growth – concept and hindrance, Industrial sickness- definition causes effect (to be studied with special reference to NE India). 20 Marks
Unit-III : Government policy and legal environment: Industry policy of India since 1991; Salient Feature, Collaboration in the light of recent change. Competition Act, 2002: Meaning, objectives, definitions and applicability of the Act. Export Import policy (Exim policy), Special Economic Zone (SEZ), Salient feature of government, India’s Industrial policy for the north East (Latest policy). 20 Marks
Unit-IV : Internation business Environment: International and Economic Grouping and institutions: GATT, WTO World Bank, IMF, SAFTA, their Importance to India, The policy of globalization and its Impact on Indian trade and Industry. 20 Marks
Text and Reference Books:
1. Cherunilam Francis: Business Environment, Himalaya Publishing House, New Delhi.
2. Aswathappa K.: Essentials of Business Environment, Himalaya Publishing House, New Delhi.
3. Ahuja H.L.: Economic Environment of Business, S.Chand and Company Ltd. New Delhi.
4. Bezborah P. and Singh Ranjit: Business Environment, Kalyani Publishers.
5. Fernando: Business Environment, Pearson, New Delhi.
6. Shaikh: Business Environment, Pearson, New Delhi.