Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 Hours
1. (a) Write true or False: 1x4=4
(i) Keyboard is an input device.
(ii) CPU stands for Central Processing Unit.
(iii) CDROM is a magnetic stage device
(iv) TCP stands for Transmission Control Protocol.
(b) Fill in the blanks: 1x4=4
(i) The smallest unit of memory is ___
(ii) EDI stands for ______
(iii) A terabyte comprises _____ gigabytes.
(iv) DBMS stands for ______.
2. (a) What is ROM? Difference between EPROM and EAROM.
(b) Explain how data read/write operation is performed in an optical disk.
(c)Explain difference between hardware and software
(d) What is word processing? Write the steps involved in inserting a picture into a world document. 4x4=16
3. (a) “Today’s business s dependent on Information Technology” Discuss the statement with examples. 11
(b) Discuss the features and advantages of Information Technology. 5+6=11
4. (a) What is software? What are the different types? Discuss the functions of operating system. 1+2+8=11
(b) Discuss the working principle and advantages of EDI. 4+7=11
5. (a) Write the steps to performing in MS-Word 3x4=12
(i) Finding and replacing text
(ii) Checking spelling and grammar in a portion of text.
(iii) Inserting header and footer
(iv) Inserting a table in a document
(b) (i) What id database system? What are its components? 1+2=3
(ii) Write briefly on: 3x3=9
2. Sorting of records
3. Indexing of records
6. (a) What are the different types of charts available in MS-Excel? What are their utilities?
(b) Difference between formula and function in MS-Excel.
(c) What are the steps involved in creating a chart in Ms-Excel.
(d) Explain the Autosum feature of MS-Excel with an example. 3+3+2+3=11
7. (a) (i) Discuss the history and growth of Internet. 6
(ii) Explain the following terms. 2.5+2.5=5
1. Downloading and Uploading
2. Uniform Resource Locator
(b) What is ‘computer accounting’? what are the various ledger accounts supported by Tally? Explain the essential steps in creating a company using Tally. 3+2+6=11