Full Marks: 80
Time: 3 Hours
1. (a) What do you understand by entrepreneurship? Explain the functions of an entrepreneur in brief.
(b) Define woman entrepreneur. Discuss the problems of woman entrepreneurs in Assam.
2. (a) Discuss the role of entrepreneurship in economic development. Explain the theory of social change forwarded by E.E Hagen.
(b) Define rural entrepreneurship. Elucidate the advantages and major challenges of rural entrepreneurship.
3. (a) Discuss in detail the scope and opportunities of entrepreneurship development in North-East.
(b) Discuss the salient features of Industrial Policy, 1991. Give a short description of the Industrial Policy of Assam Government.
4. (a) Discuss the functions of District Industries and Commerce Centre.
(b) Discuss the functions of Khadi and Village Industries Commission.
5. (a) What is meant by opportunity analysis? Explain the relationship of social environment with entrepreneurship.
(b) What is venture capital? Discuss its sources.
6. Write briefly: 4x4=16
a) Imitating entrepreneur
b) Innovation in entrepreneurship
c) Self-help group
d) Objectives of entrepreneurship development programme
7. (a) Fill in the blanks: 1x4=4
a) ______ introduced the term entrepreneurship.
b) ______ entrepreneurs are shy and lazy.
c) ______ is a scientifically evolved worked out plan.
d) The concept of venture capital was originated in ____.
(b) Choose the correct Answer: 1x4=4
a) Risk taking is one of the important functions of entrepreneurs / entrepreneurs.
b) Woman entrepreneurs have/ have not same amenities like male entrepreneurs.
c) SHGs are/ are not helpful in solving unemployment problems of the State.
d) The concept of DICC was introduced in the 1977/ 197 Industrial Policy of the Union Government.