Full Marks: 100
Pass Marks: 30
Time: Three Hours
The figure in the margin indicates full marks for the questions.
1. Answer the following questions: 1x10=10
a) What do you mean by management? 1
b) Write one important objective of Management. 1
c) Who introduced the concept of ‘differential-piece-rate-wage’ system? 1
d) What is a trademark?
e) Give an example of legal environment. 1
f) What do you mean by disinvestment? 1
g) Who evolved the Need Hierarchy theory of motivation? 1
h) Grapevine is associated with which form of communication? 1
i) Name one feature of a good control system. 1
j) Give one reason why Working Capital is needed? 1
2. Explain three major components of economic environment. 3
3. “Planning is the basic function of Management”. Explain. 3
4. Write any three merits of internal recruitment. 3
5. What is informal communication? 3
6. Explain any three factors affecting pricing of a product. 3
7. What is procedure in Planning? 4
8. Write four differences between formal and informal organisation. 4
9. State four requisites of good control system. 4
10. Give four distinctions between money market and capital market. 4
11. “SEBI” is the regulator of the Indian Capital Market”. Explain. 4
12. ‘Management is considered an Art or Science or both’- Explain. 5
13. Explain five principles of Management development by Henry Fayol. 5
14. Explain five external sources of recruitment. 5
15. “Determination of Capital Structure of a Company is influenced by a number of factors”. Explain at least five such factors. 5
Explain five factors affecting requirement of Working Capital.
16. Write any five functions of Marketing. 5
Distinguish between Selling and Marketing.
17. “Delegation of authority is necessary in all types of organisation” Explain the statement. 6
Discuss the importance of organisation.
18. What is meant by motivation? Explain its importance in a modern enterprise. 6
19. Explain the meaning and objective of Financial Management. 6
Explain the functions of finance manager of a company. 6
20. Explain different elements of marketing mix. 6
“Money spent in advertisement is a waste”. Do you agree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer.
Answer any one from the following Units.
Unit XII (consumer Protection): Question No. 21
Unit XIII (Entrepreneurship Development) Elective: question No. 22.
21. Explain the importance of consumer’s protection from the point of view of consumer. 6
22. What are the functions of entrepreneurs in relation to economic development? 6
Write the characteristics of Entrepreneurship.