Full Marks: 80
Time: 3 Hours
1. Answer the following questions:
a) ICICI bank was the first bank to offer internet banking in India. (true/false)
b) In which year the Bill Market Scheme was introduced by the Reserve Bank?
c) What is the major source of banks fund?
d) What type of bank provides overdraft facilities?
e) What is Scheduled Bank?
f) In which year RBI Act was passed?
g) What is CRR?
h) Mention one of the names of rural banks in Assam?
2. Write short notes on (any four)
(b) Capital Market
(c) Rural Bank
(e) Phone Banking
(f) Cash Credit
3. (a) Define a Bank. Discuss the functions of a modern commercial Bank.
(b) Trace the evolution of Indian banking system.
4. Distinguish between:
(a) Branch Banking and Unit Banking
(b) Public sector bank and private sector bank.
5. (a) What is money market? Discuss the briefly the characteristics of Indian money market?
(b) Discuss about market reforms talking place during the post-economic liberalization period in India.
6. (a) Discuss the main reasons behind the nationalization of banks in our country.
(b) Explain the principles of the investment policy followed by banks.
7. (a) Discuss the advantages and limitations of interne4t banking.
(b) Write brief notes on the development of core banking in our country.