Master of Commerce (M.Com)
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT (ASSIGNMENTS − 2013-14)
Course Code : IBO – 06
Course Title : International Business Finance
Assignment Code : IBO – 06/TMA/2013-14
Coverage : All Blocks
Maximum Marks: 100
As explained in the Programme Guide, you have to do one Tutor Marked Assignment for each course. We are sending the assignments of all the six courses together in this booklet. Assignment is given 30% weightage in the final assessment. To be eligible to appear in the Term-End Examination, it is compulsory for you to submit the assignments as per the schedule. Before attempting the assignments, you should carefully read the instructions given in the Programme Guide.
These assignments are valid for two admission cycles (July 2013 and January 2014). The validity is given below:
1. Those who are enrolled in July 2013, it is valid upto June 2014.
2. Those who are enrolled in January 2014, it is valid upto December 2014.
In case you are planning to appear in June Term-End Examination, you must submit the assignments to the Coordinator of your Study Centre latest by 15th March and if you are planning to appear in December Term-End Examination, you must submit them latest by 15th September. Note: In case you receive the study material and assignments late, you can submit the assignment responses within one month after receiving the study material.
Attempt all the questions
1. (a) Has W.T.O succeeded in achieving its objectives? Explain its achievements and failures.
(b) How did Euro markets grow? What functions do they perform? (10+10)
2. (a) Discuss the importance of International Cash Management.
(b) Explain the different approaches to assess political rick. (10+10)
3. (a) Describe the different types of currency risk.
( b)What is economic exposure? Under what circumstances economic exposure is likely to exist? (10+10)
4. (a) How is exchange rate determined by purchasing power parity?
(b) Discuss the long term sources of external finance for MNCs? (10+10)
5. What is project export and service export? Explain various financial and non financial benefits of project export. (5+15)