1. (a) What is the different types of organisation? How are organizations classified on the basis of functions performed.
(b) Compare and contrast the classical, neoclassical and modern approach towards organization.
2. (a) Define the term “span of management”. How would you determine the optimum spane in a given situation?
(b) Write short notes on :
(i) Advantages of decentralization.
(ii) Guidelines for effective delegation.
3. (a) Bring out the role of group in an organization. Substantiate the claims that group task influences group performance and satisfaction.
(b) Define Perception. Explain the steps in the perceptual process.
4. (a) What is the essence of Vrerm’s Expectancy model of motivation ? What are it merits and limitations?
(b) Point out in brief some behavioural implications of control. Suggest some suitable measures to minimize behavioural dysfunctions of control.
5. (a) What is effectiveness ? What are the different approaches which have been developed to study organizational effectiveness.
(b) “Resistance to change is a normal part of process of change.” Discuss what technique would you use in overcoming such resistance.