1. Introduction: Concept, Nature, scope and importance of marketing; marketing concepts and its evolution; marketing mix; strategic marketing planning- an overview. Marketing environment - macro and micro components and their impact on marketing decisions; market segmentation and positioning.
2. Buyer Behaviour: Consumer versus organizational buyers; consumer decision making process. Meaning and scope of marketing research; Marketing research process.
3. Product and Pricing Decisions : Concept of a product; classification of products; major product decisions; product line and product mix; Branding; Packaging and Labeling; Product life cycle – strategic implications; New product development and consumer adaptation process. Factors affecting price determination; Pricing policies and strategies; Discounts and rebates.
4. Promotion decisions and logistics management : Nature, functions and types of distribution channels; distribution channel intermediaries; Channel management decisions; retailing and wholesaling, Promotion mix- advertising, personal selling, sales promotion, publicity and public relations; Determining advertising budget; Copy designing and its testing; Media selection, Advertising effectiveness; Sales Promotion – tools and techniques.
5. Issues and Developments in Marketing: Social, ethical and legal aspects of marketing; marketing of services; International marketing; Green marketing; Cyber marketing; Relationship marketing and other developments in marketing.
1. Kotler, Philip and Gary Armstrong : Principles of Marketing, Prentice Hall, New Delhi
2. Kotler, Philip : Marketing Management – Analysis, Planning, Implementation and Control, Prentice Hall, New Delhi
3. Majumdar, Ramanuj : Product Management in India, Prentice Hall, Prentice Hall, New Delhi
4. Mc Carthy, E. Jenome and William D, Perreault Jr: Basic Marketing : Managerial Approach, Richard D. Irwin, Homewood, Illinois
5. Ramaswamy, V.S. and Namakumari, S : Marketing Management. MacMillan India, New Delhi
6. Srinivasan R : Case Studies in Marketing : The Indian Context, Prentice Hall, New Delhi
7. Stanton, William J. and Charles Futrell: Fundamentals of Marketing; McGraw Hill Publishing Co. New York.
8. Still, Richard R, Edward W, Cundiff and Noman A.P.Govont Sales Management: Decisions, Strategies and Cases, Prentice Hall, New Delhi