1. Theoretical Framework of Business Environment: Concept, significance and nature of Business environment, Elements of environment – internal and external; Changing dimensions of business environment; Techniques of environmental scanning and monitoring.
2. Economic Environment of Business: Significance and elements of economic environment; Economic systems and business environment; Economic Planning in India; Government Policies- Industrial policy, Fiscal policy, Monetary policy, Exim Policy, Public Sector and Economic Development; economic reforms.
3. Political and Legal Environment of Business : Critical elements of political environment; Government and Business; Changing dimensions of legal environment in India; FEMA, Restrictive and Unfair trade Practices and Legal Provisions relating to them.
4. Socio-Cultural Environment: Critical elements of socio-cultural environment; Social institutions and systems; Social values and attitudes; Social groups; Dualism in Indian society and problems of uneven income distribution; Emerging rural sector in India; Social responsibility of business; Consumerism in India.
5. International and Technological Environment : Multinational corporations; Strategic Alliances And Indian business; International Economic Institutions – WTO, World Bank, IMF and their Importance to India; Technological environment in India; Choice of Technology, Technology Transfer, Patent laws.
1. Adhikary, M : Economic Environment of Business, Sultan Chand & Sons, New Delhi
2. Ahluwalia, I.J : Industrial Growth in India, Oxford University Press, Delhi
3. Alagh, Yoginder K: Indian Development Planning and Policy, Vikas Publications, New Delhi
4. Ashwathapa K : Legal Environment of Business, Himalaya Publication, Delhi
5. Chakravarty, S : Development Planning, Oxford University Press, Delhi
6. Ghosh, B : Economic environment of Business, Vikas Publication, New Delhi
7. Govt Of India: Economic Survey, Various issues
8. Raj Agrawal and Parag Diwan, Business Enviornment : Excel Books, New Delhi
9. Ramaswamy, V.S and Nama Kumari : Strategic Planning for Corporate Success, McMillan, New Delhi
10. Sengupta, N.K : Governament and Business in India, Vikas Publication, New Delhi