205: Human Resource Planning Development (Mag)
UNIT-I: Nature and scope of HRP and HRD 20
HRP: Nature of HRP, Importance of HRP, Human Resource Planning process, Demand forecasting and supply forecasting of human resources; concept of job analysis, uses and techniques of job analysis, concept of job description and job specification. HRD: concept of HRD, features of HRD, difference between HRD and HRM, Need for HRD in the Indian context, Qualities of HRD manager, Employee counseling quality circles.
UNIT-II: Employee training, Executive Development and career Management 20
Meaning and importance of training, Identification of training needs, Evaluating training effectiveness, outsourcing, concepts and methods of executive development, Meaning and advantages of career planning, concepts of replacement planning and succession planning, Measures for successive career planning.
Performance Appraisal and Human Resource mobility –concept and objectives of performance appraisal methods of performance appraisal, Appraisal of potential, concept of promotion, transfer and demotion, downsizing strategy, VRS and Employee Turnover.
UNIT-IV: Measurement of HRP- 20
Human Resource Accounting: Meaning, Advantages and limitations of Human Resource Accounting, methods of valuation of human resources. Human Resource Audit: Meaning, advantages and techniques of Human Resource Audit.
Human Resource Information System: Meaning and importance of HRIS, steps involved in designing and developing a sound Human resource Information system.
1. Human Resource Management by Pattanayak, PHI, Learning Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
2. Innovation in Human Resource Management by Sistare, PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
3. Human Resource Management by K. Aswathappa, Tata McGraw Hill Companies.
4. Training and Development, Concepts and Practices, S.K. Bhatia, Deep & Deep Publication Pvt. Ltd.
5. Personnel Management and Industrial Relations, P.C. Tripathe, Sultan Chand & Sons, New Delhi.