405: Advanced Accounting
Unit-I: Accounting of Banking Companies: 16
Statutory books to be maintained, special features of Bank book keeping. Preparation and presentation of Financial Statements of Banks. Advances – its classification and provisions to be made against advances Rebate on Bills Discounted, Income recognition.
Books maintained by a life insurance company and general insurance companies. Accounts of Life insurance company – Revenue Account, Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet. Ascertainment of profit under Life insurance business. Accounts of general insurance business – Revenue Account, Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet.
Unit-III: Investment Account: 16
Meaning, types, cost, cum-interest, ex-interest, cum-dividend, ex-dividend. Accounting for fixed interest learning securities and variable earning securities, bonus shares and right shares, Inter company investment.
Unit-IV: Insurance Claims 16
Insurance claims – Average clause, indemnity period, procedure of ascertaining loss of stock and loss of profit – Ascertainment of claims against loss of stock and loss of profit.
Unit-V: Introduction to Government Accounting: 16
Meaning, features and Objectives of Government Accounting; difference between commercial accounting and Government Accounting; General Principles of Government Accounting; System of financial administration and financial control in India; Accounts keeping of the government; Classification of Accounts –Consolidated Fund, contingency fund and public accounts; Government Accounting Standards Advisory Board.
1. Advanced Accounting –S.N. Maheswary & S.k. Maheswari- Visak Publishing House (Pvt.) Ltd., New Delhi.
2. Modern Accountancy –A. Mukharjee & H. Hanif- Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Co. Ltd. New Delhi.
3. Financial Accounting –Mongra G.R., Ahuja, Girish & Ashok Sehgal.
4. Advanced Financial Accounting- S.P. Gain & Narang, Kalyani Publishers, Ludhiana.
5. Advanced Financial Accounting: B.B. Dam and H.C. Gautam, Capital Publishing, Guwahati.